WELCOME!!

Dearest, I Welcome You To My Blog And Sincerely Pray That All You'll Be Reading Here Will Draw You Closer To Christ Jesus, Amen!



Thursday, April 07, 2011

He's Delaying Proposing To Me..

Hi, AskBeloved, I’ve been in a relationship for 3 going to 4 years now but my guy is yet to make any form of a deeper commitment or marriage proposal and we’re both working now though not in the same country. When I raised the issue over the phone, he got angry with me but it’s been bothering me. Please what should I do as I’m not getting younger and my friends are getting married one-by-one? Thanks.

ANSWER:
Hi Ify, thanks for coming here to receive a godly advice for your relationship. This comes down to the role of effective communication in your relationship. I do not believe that he has a right to get angry over an issue that is seriously bothering you.

The tone of voice you used while asking him about the future of your relationship ‘might’ be the reason for his anger because the Bible tells us in the book of Proverbs that a gentle answer turns away wrath.

A relationship without a definition is NO RELATIONSHIP. Here are some questions to ask before entering any relationship; what are we going to benefit from the r/ship? Will we help ourselves to increase our faith in God in this r/ship? Do we foresee a future (marriage) for this r/ship? Etc.

I will also advise you to pray about your relationship and ask God to use this period to reveal to you if your guy is truly the one for you. Secondly, never ever compare yourself with others because our destinies in life are different and it is not how far but how well.

Finally, long distance relationships are hard to maintain which is why you need to talk with him and settle this matter once and for all so that your heart can be at rest.

Remain richly blessed dear..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Really Love To See Your Contributions/Advice Too, Thanks!