WELCOME!!

Dearest, I Welcome You To My Blog And Sincerely Pray That All You'll Be Reading Here Will Draw You Closer To Christ Jesus, Amen!



Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Is It Proper And Biblical To Re-marry After Divorce?

Hi Beloved, I want to counsel a friend on divorce and re-marriage and my question goes like this: Is it proper and biblical to re-marry after divorce?

ANSWER:
Thanks Joseph for your concern and question. I’m going to answer your question based strictly on the undisputable word of God – what God Himself said, what Jesus said and what St. Paul also said concerning the issue of divorce and re-marriage.

Malachi 2:16 says " I hate divorce, says the Lord God of Israel, and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment, says the Lord Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit and do not break faith”.

Here you see God personally talking. He hates divorce. Then in Matthew 5:31-32, Jesus Himself reaffirms again that divorce was not permitted in the beginning when he said;

“Further more, it has been said; whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce. But I say unto you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality and marries another, commits adultery, AND WHOEVER MARRIES HER WHO IS DIVORCED COMMITS ADULTERY”.

You can also read Deut.22:13-30 to see that God never permitted divorce rather that the guilty party(ies) should be stoned to death thereby proving what He said that it is only death that can part a married couple and nothing else.

Then read Deut. 24:1-4 and focus on verse 4 to see what God thinks of a second marriage. He sees it as DEFILEMENT.

And remember also that Jesus told the Pharisees that Moses allowed them to give their wives certificates of divorce because of the hardness of their hearts but it was not so in the beginning. See Mark10:2-12 and focus on verse 11&12.

Then in 1Cor. 7:10-11, Paul said “Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord; a wife is not to depart from her husband, but even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife”.

I believe and pray that these verses from the Scripture will help you in talking to your friend on this issue.

Remain richly blessed dear..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Really Love To See Your Contributions/Advice Too, Thanks!